Thursday 29 July 2010







Oh my giddy trembling typing hands-I have just purchased an art deco dressing table on ebay for under thirty pounds-my husband will kill me!!!



The thrill of the auction was just too much to bear. To be honest I had been looking for such an item for a while, particularly as it seems likely that I will be gaining space to display and sell my fabulous vintage wares-the pop-up boutique that I will hopefully be launching in September (I will keep the details quiet for now) will enable me to dress a lovely high ceiling ed room to my hearts' desire-the dream-to dec it out as an old fashioned dressing/powder room (hence my biz'z name) with art deco pieces galore-cabinets, a wardrobe, boudoir chairs and the piece De resistance-a dressing table-the ultimate dream item for any girly girl. One where she may sit slowly stroking her hair with a set of solid silver dressing table brush and comb-(I have a lovely one to sell), powder her cheeks with a luxurious puff, draw in those all important 'arched just so' eyebrows, apply her stain of coral pink lip colour-the ultimate (and less obvious than red) retro shade-I strongly recommend Colour Sport Lip Stain in vintage style pink floral packaging) and finally to add a spritz of Lanvin Arpege (similar in its' aldehyde quality to Chanel No. 5 but again a less obvious choice for those who appreciate a more subtle niche approach!


Anyway, when this pop-up boutique, pops back down, where to store it-oh well I love it and it was a great buy-and that is all that is important when one makes a purchase-if you can say that it is an investment that you will treasure forever (especially if it is an original one-off-how can you deny yourself? This theory is one that ensures that I am berassic half way through each month but oh well-the glamour of it all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment